Friday, June 11th – Sunday, June 13th
Join us for the CAMBA Women’s Mountain Bike Weekend South, at the CAMBA trails in Hayward and Seeley! All skill levels are welcome. Beginning riders will learn basic skills for singletrack riding, while advanced riders will expand their skills on the versatile CAMBA trails. Everyone will have an opportunity to gain confidence and have a great time with a group of women who love riding. Instruction provided by regional certified coaches experienced in coaching beginner to advanced riders. Live it up on the sweet trails with food, swag, and fun!
See the schedule below: Note that all participants will be notified if there are any changes. Email Laurie Woodbury with any questions.
Friday, June 11
- 4:00 pm –Hatchery Creek parking lot. Check-in, meet fellow participants, get group assignments. Possibly go for an easy group ride.
- 6:30 pm – Dinner served, (included in your registration), followed by a craft project.
Saturday, June 12
- 8:30 am – Hatchery Creek Park Trailhead. Coffee and breakfast treats provided
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Meet at Hatchery Creek Park Trailhead and get with your group! We’ll rotate through stations on the skills course, where you’ll learn about basic body position, saddle height, how to comfortably go over rocks and logs, negotiate curves, anticipate the trail ahead, ride a pump track and berm course, and more!
- Noon – Lunch provided at the Hatchery Park Pavilion at Trailhead. Group photos.
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Continue to work on your skills, and put them to work in small group rides on the trails at the park. Take part in on-the-trail sessions according to ability.
- 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm- Dinner served (included in your registration).
- 7:00 pm – Join in on educational and fun breakout sessions such as basic bike maintenance and repair, how to change a tire, suspension set-up, packing your pack, stretching and conditioning, brakes and maintenance, trail advocacy, and overcoming fear. Get your hands dirty! Beer, wine, and chocolate provided! Choose your group and desired session for Sunday morning. We will provide 6-8 options for Sunday’s “Choose your own” session, ranging from a fun easy ride, to practice on different obstacles or features, cornering, Magical Mystery Tour, and more!
Sunday, June 13
- 9:00 – 12:00 – Meet at your “Choose your Own” location and ride, session, and have fun! Breakfast on your own. Snacks provided for your enjoyment on the trail.
Registration includes Friday and Saturday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch, trail snacks on Sunday, a sweet t-shirt, a full weekend of amazing skills instruction, and more!
Lodging is not included in your registration fee. We’ve worked with the Lenroot Lodge, in beautiful Seeley, Wisconsin for a clinic special rate. Call the Lenroot Lodge at 715-634-7007 to book your room; if there is no answer at that number, call 715-634-5660 (Sawmill Saloon, right next door) to reserve your room. Be sure to mention that you are with the CAMBA Clinic!