Friday, May 14th – Sunday, May 16th
Join us for CAMBA’s Women’s Mountain Bike Weekend North, at the Mt. Ashwabay Trails. All skill levels are welcome. Beginning riders will learn basic skills for singletrack riding, while advanced riders will expand their skills on the extensive and challenging Mt. Ashwabay trails. Everyone will have an opportunity to gain confidence and have a great time with a group of women who love riding. Instruction provided by regional certified coaches experienced in coaching beginner to advanced riders. Live it up on the sweet trails with food, swag, and fun.
Certified coaches will be teaching beginner, intermediate, and advanced riders of all ages who want to improve their skills on the beautiful and extensive Ashwabay trails overlooking the Chequamegon Bay and Apostle Islands. Everyone will have an opportunity to gain confidence and have a great time with a group of women who love riding. Participants will receive swag, breakfast, and coffee each morning, Saturday and Sunday lunch, and snacks.
See the schedule below: Note that all participants will be notified if there are any changes. Email Laurie Woodbury with any questions.
- Mt. Ashwabay Chalet, Bayfield WI (trail map)
- Howl Adventure Center, 35265 S Co Hwy J, Bayfield, WI 54814
Limited to 56 participants. All levels are welcome.
Lodging (not included in registration): There are many great places to stay on the beautiful Bayfield peninsula, many with views of Lake Superior and close to the CAMBA trails at Mt. Ashwabay, Howl Adventure Center, and downtown Bayfield. https://www.bayfield.org/lodging/
Clinic Schedule (subject to change):
- 4:00 pm – 7 pm – Gather at Howl Adventure Center to check-in, meet fellow participants, and demo Liv/Giant mountain bikes on Howl’s pump track. Mechanics will be on hand for any bike help and tune-up needs. Island Eats Food Truck will also be there with delicious locally sourced food. Adventure Club Brewing is on site. PLUS CRAFTS!
- 9:00 am – Local Coffee and breakfast treats at Mt. Ashwabay
- 9:45 am – Noon – Skills and drills
- Noon: Lunch at Mt. Ashwabay.
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Skills and practice on trails
- Dinner on your own in Washburn or Bayfield.
- 7:00 pm at Howl Adventure Center: Join in on educational and fun breakout sessions such as basic bike maintenance and repair, how to change a flat tire, suspension set-up, packing your pack, stretching and conditioning, brakes and maintenance, trail advocacy, and overcoming fear. We’ll also have fun activities just because!
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am – Breakfast treats and Local coffee.
- 10 am – 12 pm – Group riding at Mt. Ashwabay
- Noon: Lunch to go
While attending the Ashwabay Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic or in the future when visiting the Bayfield area, please be sure to patronize the generous sponsors who help fund the development of the Mt. Ashwabay Trails.