You love the CAMBA trails! You need a new ride – either to the trail or on the trail itself!!
Take advantage of the Great CAMBA Truck Raffle, buy a raffle ticket or maybe a few. You’ll be giving money to the trails you love, and who knows – you may win a new ride!
All the deets that are fit to print are below!
The Great CAMBA Truck Raffle!
During 2020, CAMBA will be conducting a major fundraising effort For the Trails! 100% of the net proceeds will go towards CAMBA’s mission:
- Stewards of the camba trails.
- Hosting exceptional events.
- Build community and drive economic enhancement with trails.
CAMBA is a 501c3 non profit.
1st prize – 2020 Ford Ranger 4×4 XLT FX4 package pickup truck valued at $38, 265, plus $8000 cash. Timber Ford of Hayward is our partner on the truck.
2nd place prize – 2020 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Alloy 29, valued at $3300. New Moon Ski and Bike of Hayward is our partner on the bike.
Raffle tickets will sell for $50 each. There will be a total of 1500 tickets sold.
- 1st prize – The value of the truck is $38, 265, + $8000 cash. The winner of the raffle can use the truck value to be applied to the price of any new vehicle that Timber Ford sells. The winner will be responsible for any difference in price for the vehicle they would prefer. If the winner chooses a less expensive vehicle, they will forfeit the difference in price. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees regardless of vehicle chosen. $8000 cash is to help with taxes.
- 2nd prize – New Moon Ski and Bike will help secure the proper size. Winner is responsible for taxes and fees.
- Sales of tickets will occur throughout the spring/summer of 2020, (see list of events and dates)
This will be a major fund-raising effort during 2020 for CAMBA. 100% of proceeds will go to CAMBA (a registered 501c3) to support their efforts to build and maintain the CAMBA trail network, host events and community activities around those trails.
Tickets can be purchased the following ways:
- online via the shop button, or by clicking here, and picked up in person
- by contacting CAMBA
- from any Board Member directly
- from Timber Ford
- from New Moon Ski and Bike
- In person at the events listed below.
American Birkebeiner Bib Pickup Thursday 2/20
American Birkebeiner Bib Pickup Friday 2/21
American Birkebeiner Race Finish Saturday 2/22
Fat Bike Birkie Expo – Friday 3/6
Fat Bike Birkie Afterparty – Saturday 3/7
Marketplace Foods – Hayward – Friday May 1
Marketplace Foods – Hayward – Saturday May 2
Borah Epic Bib Pickup – Friday 6/5
Borah Epic Awards/Afterparty – Saturday 6/6
Hayward Musky Festival – Friday 6/26
Hayward Musky Festival – Saturday 6/27
Marketplace Foods – Hayward Sunday July 5
Lumberjack World Championships – Thursday 7/30
Lumberjack World Championships – Friday 7/31
Lumberjack World Championships – Saturday 8/1
Sawyer County Fair Thurs 8/13 – Sun 8/16
Chequamegon MTB Festival Friday 9/18
Chequamegon MTB Festival Saturday 9/19
Chequamegon After Party Saturday 9/19
SO WHAT’S THE REST OF THE DEAL?
Great CAMBA Truck Raffle Official Rules
1.General. By participating in the GREAT CAMBA TRUCK RAFFLE (“Raffle”), entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association (“CAMBA”), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. Net Proceeds. All net proceeds of the Raffle will benefit CAMBA , a 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to be stewards of the CAMBA trails, to host and manage exceptional events on those trails, and to build community and drive economic opportunity through the trails. Our vision is to be the PREMIERE midwest gravel and MTB riding destination.
3. Eligibility. The Raffle is open to all persons age eighteen (18) and older and subject to these Official Rules. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. CAMBA employees, board members, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
4. Purchasing Raffle tickets. Raffle tickets will sell for $50 per ticket. Raffle tickets will be sold from February 19, 2020 to September 19, 2020, or until 1,500 tickets are sold. There is no limit to the number of Raffle tickets an individual may purchase. All Raffle ticket sales are final and no refunds or replacements will be issued by CAMBA.
5. Raffle tickets are not tax deductible. The purchase price of a Raffle ticket is not a donation..
6. Prizes. The Grand Prize winner will receive a 2020 Ford Ranger truck, valued at $38,265, plus $8,000 cash (cash intended to help winner pay income tax – see tax section). Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a voucher, redeemable for the truck or any vehicle at Timber Ford of Hayward, Wisconsin. Winner may choose the vehicle based on the voucher value, and any difference above this value is at the winner’s expense. If the vehicle chosen has a lesser value than the voucher, no refund of the difference will be redeemable by the winner. All rebates, dealer cash, and incentives go to CAMBA.
The Second Place prize winner will receive a 2020 Specialized Stump Jumper Comp Alloy 29, valued at $3,300. Second prize will be awarded in the form of a voucher, redeemable for the bike or any bike at New Moon Ski & Bike Shop, Hayward, WI. Winner may choose the bike based on the voucher value, and any difference above this value is at the winner’s expense. If the bike chosen has a lesser value than the voucher, no refund of the difference will be redeemable by the winner.
If fewer than 1,000 tickets are sold, the Raffle grand prize will revert to a 50/50 Raffle, with the Grand Prize winner receiving 50% of the total revenue of Raffle tickets sold. Winner of 50/50 Raffle is subject to any other rules, including taxes and expenses, as described elsewhere in the Raffle Official Rules.
7. Taxes and prize related expenses. Winners shall be responsible for any and all travel costs, federal, state and local income or excise taxes, license fees, fees, assessments, title expenses, and like charges . Federal law requires that tax withholding on certain prizes must be collected from the winner upon award and distribution. The Grand Prize winner will pay CAMBA, (CAMBA will collect from the winner), 24% of the value of the truck, as per Federal Law, as the value is over $5,000. The $8,000 cash portion of the grand prize awarded to the truck winner will be turned over to CAMBA as this tax. A tax form W-2G will be given to the Grand Prize winner. The Second Place prize winner is not subject to withholding, as the fair market value of the bicycle is less than $5,000 in accordance with Federal tax law.
8. Selection of winners. Drawing will be held on Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 8:00pm at the Chequamegon MTB Festival After Party, Sawmill Saloon, 13505 N. U.S. Hwy 63, Hayward, WI 54843. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email.
9. Prize Claim. Within 30 days of the drawing, the winners must notify CAMBA and present the winning Raffle ticket to claim a prize. Winners must provide CAMBA all information required to claim their prize, including tax identification information. A representative of CAMBA will assist in coordinating all the details with the winners regarding the transfer of the prizes.
10. Miscellaneous. CAMBA has the right, at its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Raffle, to void entries for any reason. The odds of winning the Raffle depend on the number of Raffle tickets purchased for the drawing. The maximum number of tickets to be sold will be 1,500. The odds of winning are .1332%. By entering the Raffle, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and to release CAMBA, its affiliates, partners, employees, directors, officers, sponsors, and agents from any and all liability with respect to any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Raffle, or from any travel or activity directly related to the receipt or use of any prize.
11. Publicity Release. The winners, by accepting the prizes, grant CAMBA and its designees and affiliates, full permission to use such winner’s name, city/state, photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation and without notice, review, or approval, in all media.
12. Governing Law. The Raffle and these Official Rules shall be subject to, and governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
13. Sponsor. This fundraiser Raffle is conducted by Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA), P.O. Box 141, Cable, WI 54821. www.cambatrails.org